Monday, July 2, 2018

Where the Truth Lies

The long wait for The Long Dance podcast is finally over. Documenting Drew Adamek and Eryk Pruitt's investigation into the murder of Patricia Mann and Jesse McBane in Durham, North Carolina, I've been waiting for it for a year and a half now, but considering the friends and loved ones of the victims have waited over 45 years I suppose I have nothing to complain about. Give it a listen here or subscribe on iTunes or where ever you get your podcasts.

I'm a fan of crime fictions. I can go brutal and twisted and dark, but man, I've a very different reaction to true accounts of crime. I'm affected in a different way by them. I get different things out of true stories than fictions.

Megan Abbott wrote this piece for the Los Angeles Times about our collective fascination and need for true crime narratives. Good shit.

No comments: