Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bad Muthas Day CONTEST!!!


While the rest of the country celebrates father’s day today, at Hardboiled Wonderland it’s Bad Muthas Day and I’m in a generous and self-promoting mood, so stay tuned to the end of this post cause there’s a contest for y’all. First, my kids gave me an awesome bright yellow, plastic watch that they picked out themselves and I promise to wear faithfully till it breaks in a couple weeks and my wife, (she's a good and long-suffering woman) gave me a kick ass book called Dope Menace: The Sensational World of Drug Paperbacks 1900-1975 which I am thumbing through right now. Lots of great pulp art and essays regarding the pbos that taught America about the dangers and delights of dope.

Also, just got confirmation on the next installment of Noir at the Bar which will be held again at the Delmar Lounge Sunday, August 2nd with, (so far) Theresa Schwegel and Michael Kyorta. So mark your calendars and establish an alibi now.

Alright, now for the CONTEST! Sex, Thugs and Rock & Roll edited by Todd Robinson, (I defy you to read the interview in the previous post and not check out this book) features many excellent stories by many excellent writers, but keeping with themes of the past few entries over here, I’m focusing on two in particular, my own – Politoburg, and Cramp by Anthony Neil Smith. Both stories feature scenes of the protagonists receiving much needed sponge baths, (rag baths, but you get the picture) from merciful ladies. If you can name the female characters in both stories and email me the answers, (click on my profile on the right hand side of your screen for my email address), you’ll be eligible for the big prize. The prize is a signed copy of Neil’s new book Hogdoggin’, (in which inscription he gives yours truly a dubious endorsement). To give erebuddy a chance to get to your local bookstore and purchase or order ST&R&R and read said stories, I will be accepting answers through July 5, that’s two weeks to secure and read a great anthology. Should there miraculously be more than one correct answer received by July 5, I will draw from the correct entries at random. Trust me, you have no choice. Happy Bad Muthas Day.

2 comments:

Kieran Shea said...

But, but, but....I already BOUGHT both of these. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Happy Bad Mutha's to ye.

jedidiah ayres said...

YOU SIR are not excluded. Just think, you could have a throw-down copy of Hogdoggin'for sticky situations. That would be handy. Second thought, I may just keep that extra copy myself.