Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear David Cranmer

Dear David Cranmer:

You rock. Your WebZine Beat to a Pulp is fantastic. I love the genre mash going on over there and I love the commitment you and Elaine Ash have demonstrated to the pulp-loving community by cranking this stuff out every week. And should we talk about the book? Beat to a Pulp: Round One was tits! Not only full of my favorite writers getting their pulp on, but gorgeous to look at and a pleasure to hold. Really, thanks for that and for y'know, paying the writers. You sir are a class act.

Now, about that piece of mine you're running tomorrow, thanks for sending me a preview and all. And thanks for all that work you did formatting it and making it look spiffy, but could you, y'know forget it? I've changed my mind. I don't want that to run after all. Instead, I've got a brand new - longer - bit I'd like you to format and proof and run in its place.

I know this has been going on for months. I know I told you you could have the one, but really, I'd appreciate it if you'd chalk all that previous work you'd put in to experience and just stay up all night working on this new piece instead.

Pre-shate it. You're the best.

Hugs,

Jedidiah Ayres

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I would kill you. I would fly to St. Louis and karate chop you in the throat. Can't wait to read the SciFi mash up

David Cranmer said...

You're right, Keith. I'm on my way!

Paul D Brazill said...

You are a one, aren't you?

jedidiah ayres said...

Hugs... but I send psychic hugs out... doesn't that count for anything?

Kieran Shea said...

Hey, David? I have his address around here somewhere.

Image in my head. David in a rental car, trolling the streets, baseball bat on the passenger seat.

pattinase (abbott) said...

It's Mother's Day. Not Mother Fucker's Day. Look, that word doesn't come easily to me. Don't make me use it again!

jedidiah ayres said...

Yes, ma'am. No more motherfuckering behavior on my part... this weekend

David Cranmer said...

And, Kieran, don't forget the newborn in the back. What an image!

Patti, Holy fucking shit, I'm shocked!

Ron Scheer said...

Sorry I came over here...OMG such questionable behavior...

EA said...

Jed thanks for the shout out. I'll be looking for your story on BTAP and thanks for all the work and talent you're shared so far.

David Barber said...

Holy shit there's some bad fucking language on here. Great image that Kieran started and DC added to. Ha!

Looking forward to whichever story David posts.

jedidiah ayres said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

My eyes. My EYES!

Scott Phillips said...

You guys seriously have no fucking idea what it's like trying to work with this guy on a day-to-day basis.

Well, I guess Cranmer does now.