Saturday, November 2, 2019

30 Days Has Noirvember: Adam Howe

Five underrated Noirs - Adam Howe

The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001)

Dir. Coen Bros

“Dry cleaning… was I crazy to be thinking about it?”

One False Move (1992)

Dir. Carl Franklin

“Even if I wanted to, I can’t help you. I don’t have the legal authority.”

“You didn’t have the legal authority to fuck me when I was 17 years old, but that didn’t stop you, did it?”

U-Turn (1997)

Dir. Oliver Stone

“The name’s Toby N. Tucker. People round here call me TNT. You know why?”

“Because they’re not very imaginative?”

“Cause I’m just like dynamite, boy, and when I go off, somebody gets hurt.”


Angel Heart (1987)

Dir. Alan Parker

“I got a thing about chickens.”

Séance on a Wet Afternoon (1964)

Dir. Bryan Forbes

“Why did I ever marry you, Billy?”

“I don’t know, dear, why did you?”

“Because you’re weak… and because you need me.”

“Well, those are two good reasons.”

Adam Howe is the author of Tijuana Donkey Showdown, and two novella collections, Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet, and Black Cat Mojo. and co-author of Scapegoat (with James Newman). You can follow him on Twitter @Adam_G_Howe. He lives in London with his partner, their daughter, and a hellhound named Gino

No comments: